Cristine Beckwith is the founding attorney at Beckwith Criminal Law. She began her legal career as a deputy prosecutor in 2004. As a prosecutor, Cristine saw first hand how those accused of a crime were treated as if they were guilty until proven innocent.
Realizing that she wanted to help people who were facing criminal charges, she soon changed career paths and became a criminal defense attorney. Early in her career, she gained attention from her peers for engineering not guilty verdicts, case dismissals, and favorable settlements.
By 2007, she had gained enough referral business to open Beckwith Law. Today, her firm maintains the same principals that it was founded on:
- Fierce advocacy
- Keeping clients informed
- Affordable representation
- Rated 10 out of 10 by Avvo, an independent lawyer rating service
- Rated A by the BBB of Western Washington
- Client Reviews & Peer Endorsements
- 2012 Clients’ Choice Award
- 2014 Top 100 Trial Attorney Award
- Authored the chapter “Policing the Police” (Thomson Reuters, 2013)
- Instructor of a continuing legal education course for attorneys
- Referred to as a “thought leader” by Westlaw
- Quoted by media outlets that include the Seattle Times & The Huffington Post
- Board of Advisors, Gonzaga University School of Law